The MD Workers’ Comp Calculator is only approximate.
Various factors can cause your calculator result to be too high.
- The days missed from work was too low
- The value submitted on the pain scale was too low
- A good attorney will be able to increase the amount of recovery based on your level of pain
- Your injury falls outside of the scope of the calculator
- Certain injuries produce significantly higher recoveries
- The calculator is not a sophisticated as an experienced workers’ comp attorney
The best way to get the amount of your workers’ compensation benefits is, of course, to go through the process with the Workers’ Compensation Commission. The next best way is to speak directly with a qualified attorney.
Having a good workers’ compensation attorney is the best way to get your benefits. The compensation for time missed from work does not vary much. However, the amount you receive for the injury over time, varies greatly. A good workers’ comp attorney is the best way to ensure a higher amount.
If you would like to speak with an attorney and have not already requested to do so, please contact us here.