Can Minors get Workers’ Compensation

Yes, minors (or kids or juveniles or under aged) can get workers’ compensation.  They are treated the same as adults.  However, if the worker under age 18 does not have a valid work permit, there is a difference.  The employer can be deemed to have illegally employed the minor and may owe double on the PPD, TTD, or death benefits.  But the insurance carrier may be off the hook and recovery may come only from the employer.  Another difference – in some cases, the Commission also has the power to increase the wages if it deems they would have increased.

« Back to all FAQs

Get your question answered.