Below is the list of authorized medical providers for Maryland Workers’ Comp. Talk to your attorney about finding providers, especially when getting a rating is involved. Finding a MD doctor for a workers’ comp rating is not as easy as opening the phone book.
Medical Care for MD Workers’ Comp
- Licensed physician’s assistant
- Licensed acupuncturist
- Medical doctor
- Doctor of osteopathy
- Doctor of chiropractic
- Certified registered nurse anesthetist
- Occupational therapist
- Licensed physical therapist
- Licensed clinical social worker
- Licensed audiologist
- Licensed speech-language pathologist
- Other health care providers as defined by law
There is no definitive list of health care professionals in Maryland who accept workers’ comp. Each practitioner handles the situation differently. The best course of action is to speak with your workers’ comp lawyer to find doctors for workers’ comp in Maryland.